The Indigenous Coordinator will be dedicated to the ongoing ministry to Indigenous students during the academic year. Their focus will be on day-to-day activities, supporting students, and planning events, while building relationships with Indigenous students. Suitable candidates will either be Indigenous or have experience with Indigenous people and their culture.
Note: This is a casual, 6-8 hr/wk term position Sep 2023-Apr 2024
- Agreement to live within the Briercrest Institutional Covenant and align with the mission, vision, and values of Briercrest College and Seminary
- Preferably have completed a Bachelor of Arts degree or life experience relevant to this position
- Enjoy connecting with and relating to people as well as being able to perform multiple office tasks.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills—both oral and written.
- Work well as a member of a team.
- Be competent with computer programs including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and be willing and able to develop these skills further.
- Be able to complete projects autonomously.
- Be marked by a commitment to integrity and confidentiality.
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Implement and participate in ministry to students, both internal and external.
- Anticipate student needs and help to find solutions for students in personal and academic matters.
- Provide documentation of ongoing activities and initiatives.
- Work with the Indigenous Affairs Committee on projects.
- Provide some support and assistance to the Recruitment and Admissions Departments in the recruiting of Indigenous students.
- Plan and execute social and educational events involving Indigenous students
- This position reports directly to the Dean of the College
To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.