Women's Sr. Residence Director
The Senior Residence Director provides oversight, leadership, accountability, and direction for Residence Life at Briercrest College. This includes working both individually and collectively with their leadership team (Residence Directors (RD) and Residence Advisors (RA)), providing them with direction, encouragement, discipleship, equipping, support, and accountability as they in turn work directly with students living in the residences.
The priority of Student Development is to facilitate the spiritual, academic, co-curricular and relational development and success of students who are living in residence while studying at Briercrest. We aim to provide residence students with a safe, secure, and supportive home base from which to conduct their endeavors during their time on campus. We desire that each student in our care realizes all that God had in mind for them when He directed them to this school, whether that is of an academic nature, or otherwise.
- M.A. or equivalent strongly preferred
- Agreement to live within the Briercrest Institutional Covenant and align with the mission, vision, and values of Briercrest College and Seminary
- The successful candidate will have a heart for the importance of Student Development work and a firm conviction of the importance and role of the residence life experience in educating, equipping, and facilitating student’s growth and maturity.
- Formal experience in Student Development and Residence Life setting(s) strongly preferred
- Interpersonal, communication, and management ability.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to train and motivate young adults.
- Previous relevant experience is beneficial.
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Mentor and lead the Residence Directors and Resident Advisors under their oversight.
- Offering prayer support and counsel in challenging situations, and referring when necessary to the appropriate supports
- Walk students through appeal processes and/or grievances and directing them to the appropriate department.
- Provide crisis intervention (with Student Development team) as needed.
- Co-lead weekly check-in meetings with college Residence Life staff.
- Participate in hiring of Student Development staff and student leaders
- Develop and maintain the Residence Life Code and Students Responsibilities and Expectations documents.
- Organize and facilitate monthly community chapels for your residence population.
- Facilitate residence room placements and residential for new and returning students.
- Oversee regular cleanliness inspections of rooms and common areas.
- Oversee and implement facility preparation for opening and closing
- Conduct a systematic program to maintain meaningful contact with students.
- Assist the Dean of Students with the planning and delivery of Training Week
- Plan and deliver Student Leader Training (SLT) throughout the school year for the equipping and resourcing of student leaders.
- Oversee and direct RD & RA working relationships.
- Oversee general discipline within Residence Life, coaching and supporting RAs in their leadership.
- Conduct disciplinary determinations with the appropriate supervisor as needed.
- Coordinate and communicate inter-departmentally as needed (e.g., Sodexo, Campus Ops, Custodial, Athletics, Finance, etc.).
- Completion of residential agreements and reports to the Finance Department.
- Initiate and facilitate consistent in-residence communication with students. (e.g., institutional updates at hall meetings)
- Ensure that BEAM entries are handled properly for room & board fees, accommodation codes/information and damage deposits for all residence students.
- Keep accurate reports of student issues/concerns.
- Record residence expenses (i.e., dorm allowance allotments).
- Weekly Residence Life check-ins and Student Development meetings
- Facilitate regular one-to-one and student leadership team meetings with student leaders
- The Sr Residence Director reports directly to the Dean of Students.
- The Sr Residence Director functions as a member of the Student Development team
To apply, please email a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references to the Human Resources office at email@example.com.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application