The recruitment department represents Briercrest Christian Academy, College & Seminary to external audiences including prospective students, parents, alumni, and key influencers. The work of this department has a direct impact on the growth and stability of the institution.
The Recruitment Representative is a sales position. The primary responsibility in this role is to work with prospective students from point of inquiry to application to their arrival on campus as new students.
- Agreement to live within the Briercrest Institutional Covenant and align with the mission, vision, and values of Briercrest College and Seminary
- A passionate supporter of the education and community experience offered by Briercrest and demonstrates solid Christian character and integrity
- Candidates must have earned a bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in providing excellent customer service is an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a significant connection to Briercrest Christian Academy, College, and/or Seminary
- A willingness to learn, adapt, and remain teachable within an atmosphere of change
- The ability to work independently, showing initiative and willingness to take risks
- The ability to work within a team
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clear driver’s abstract
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
- While this role includes acquiring prospects, the priority is moving these individuals from the lead stage to applicants.
- This is accomplished through conversation with leads, both in-person and over the phone.
- The ability to speak comfortably and clearly on the phone and in person is a must.
- Demonstrated understanding of sales process and/or prior experience with Salesforce are all considered assets.
Promote and facilitate campus visits for prospective students
- A visit to campus largely increases the likelihood of a student attending Briercrest.
- This role is responsible for inviting individuals to visit campus and facilitating planned visits.
- This includes Experience Briercrest, our campus visit event, which happens multiple times annually. Where attending an event is not possible, we want to offer and plan personalized visits to campus for prospective students.
Travel to events for the purpose of acquiring prospects
- Traveling is one tool used to collect names of prospective students.
- Traveling will also be used to establish and grow relationships with key partners including schools and churches.
- Event travel will be capped at a maximum of 45 days away from the office throughout the calendar year with priority given to travel within the province of Saskatchewan.
- The ability and willingness to travel in all seasons including evenings and weekends, a valid driver’s license with a clear driver’s abstract, and a level of comfort and experience in public speaking, with an engaging and outgoing personality are all considered assets.
Contribute to the overall recruitment communication strategy
- Email marketing campaigns are a vital aspect of our communication with our external audiences. Working closely with the marketing department, this role will assist in providing email topics, content, and other marketing assets for prospective students.
- The ability to write well is considered an asset.
- Respond to email, text, and phone messages from any external audience promptly. At most, response time should be within one business day.
- Collect and accurately enter data using Salesforce.
- Provide coverage for team members when they are out of the office.
- Work continually to become an expert in delivering up to date Briercrest information.
- Be prepared to participate in various external facing institutional events.
- Participate in other recruitment related duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Reports to the Director of Recruitment
- The Recruitment department is part of a larger team that includes Marketing, Alumni, and Youth Quake. The Vice President of Marketing oversees this team.
To apply, please email a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references to the Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application