- Briercrest Athletics is dedicated to preparing student athletes to become champions pursuing excellence in their lives of faith through service, and in sport.
- The Athletic Therapist role is crucial in the maintainance and rehabilitation of our varsity athletes
- The role will be based out of the Athletic Department
- The position length of the yearly contract can be negotiated
- A desire and commitment to be a follower of Jesus Christ as a way of life
- Certified Athletic Therapist (CAT (C)) certification.
- In good standing with the CATA
- Concussion management experience is an asset, however additional training will be provided by current therapist prior to position start date.
- University or College education in Athletic Therapy.
- First Responder certificate
- Related work experience is desired
- Highly flexible to accommodate late afternoon or evening practice and weekend competitions
- Administrative and technical skills needed to be successful at the role.
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Assessment and treatment of all player injuries
- Development of a specific rehabilitation and return to play plan for each injury
- Communicating with and directing team coaching staff on all matters related to player injuries and illnesses
- Maintaining all medical records pertaining to treatment required
- Maintaining and submitting insurance claims to insurance providers
- Facilitating communication with players to physicians, coaches, and other medical staff on player status and well being
- Preparing a team emergency action plan
- Maintain and order medical supplies for department needs
- Develop and manage therapy budget with Athletic Director
- Coordinate with the Athletic Director on equipment and supply needs for the department
- Prepare rehabilitation programs for athletes as needed
- This position will report to the Athletic Director
- This position will work with the Athletic Department staff and other coaches
APPLICATIONS Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at email@example.com. This position will begin as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.