Director of Marketing
This position is responsible for managing the development and implementation of marketing and communication plans for Briercrest Christian Academy, College and Seminary. The Director of Marketing sets strategy, monitors work and evaluates results to ensure that established institutional goals and expectations are met and are in line with the mission of the organization.
- A passionate supporter of the education and community experience offered by Briercrest
- The demonstration of solid Christian character and integrity that positively represents Briercrest
- The ability to work independently, showing initiative and willingness to take risks
- A willingness to learn, adapt and remain teachable within an atmosphere of change
- The ability to work within a team
- Strong leadership & communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding in general sales processes
- A working knowledge of up-to-date marketing industry best practices.
- Ability to think creatively and plan strategically
- Project management experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects in different stages simultaneously.
- Priority given to those with experience at Briercrest Christian Academy (CHS), College or Seminary.
- Priority given to those with training, experience, or formal education in marketing, digital marketing, project management, business administration, media development or a related field.
- Priority given to those with recent experience in one or more of the following: market research, data analysis, digital marketing strategy, inbound marketing, lead generation, social media strategy, web development/design, conversation rate optimization, search engine optimization, or digital writing.
- In collaboration with the VP Marketing and Recruitment:
- Implement and manage an annual marketing plan for each of our three schools and other institutional areas. These plans will itemize detailed strategies to achieve stated objectives and established departmental goals.
- Manage the annual budget for the Marketing Department.
- Work towards the right mix of staff positions and personnel. This may include the recruiting and interviewing for on-site employees, contract workers and third-party partners. This may include speaking into the organization structure of the department.
- Provide personal, seasonal goals for each member of the Marketing Department. These will lead towards an annual review for each member.
- Assist in and enable the personal & professional development of the Marketing department team.
- Oversee and implement an annual communications plan which can adequately provide for the needs of the institution in the areas of photography, videography, graphic design, social media, copywriting, digital communication and the institution’s web presence.
- Recruit, select, train, empower and care for a team of student interns.
- Serve on lead team for Salesforce Pardot system
- Work in conjunction with IS and recruitment to build and sharpen sales path.
- Assist in building and managing personalized customer journeys through Pardot.
- Assist in team training for Pardot use.
- Serve as part of the recruitment and marketing department leadership team.
- Supervision of marketing team staff members.
- Primary contact for external marketing partners
- Be available to staff team for decision-making and problem solving
- Assist in leading team meetings
- Member of Enrolment Management Teams for each school
- Member of Briercrest merch committee
- Assist with design of Briercrest events such as Week of Welcome, Experience Briercrest, Christmas Musical, Youth Quake, College & Seminary Grad, BCA Grad, Other events as assigned
- Respond to emails, text, social media and phone messages within one business day
- Participate in weekly meetings with direct supervisor
- Share in office procedures and coverage for team members when they are out of the office.
- Participate in other related duties as assigned by the direct supervisor
- Reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Recruitment
- Will work closely with the marketing and recruitment leadership team
- Collaborative work with internal departments and external partners:
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at email@example.com.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.