Blayne Banting, DMin, PhD
Associate Professor of Preaching and Christian Ministry
Dean of Seminary
- Preaching and Christian Ministry
Knowing what you don't know is as important as knowing what you do know—you know?
Education is formation. Through it we are informed, reformed, and transformed. Together in a community of senior and junior learners, we hold each other accountable while the Spirit does His work in us.
Blayne was born and raised in Saskatchewan and has served as pastor and professor in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Prince Edward Island. He is married to Peggy and they have 4 adult children and 2 grandchildren. Blayne serves as interim Dean of the Seminary.
PhD 2009 Trinity Seminary/Canterbury Christ Church University
DMin 1998 Acadia Divinity College/Acadia University
M.A. 1990 Lincoln Christian Seminary
MDiv 1987 Canadian Theological Seminary (Ambrose)
BRE 1978 Alberta Bible College
- Taken Up and Preached: A Collection of Biblical Sermons, Wipf and Stock, 2019
- Take Up and Preach: A Primer for Interpreting Preaching Texts, Wipf and Stock, 2016
- With Wit and Wonder: A Preacher's Use of Humour and Imagination, Resource Publications, 2013
- "Tolle Praedice: A Form-Sensitive Model for the Interpretation of Preaching Pericopae" PhD dissertation Trinity Seminary/Canterbury Christ Church University, 2009
- "Proclaiming the Messiah's Birth: A Rhetorico-contextual Model for the Interpretation and Proclamation of Humour in Selected Gospel Sayings" DMin thesis Acadia Divinity College/ Acadia University, 1998
- "The Hermeneutics of Modern Dispensationalism" - MA thesis Lincoln Christian Seminary, 1990